The pattern making course is designed for those who want to learn professional flat pattern making/cutting.
It is an internationally used method and allows you to understand the science and mathematics of cutting. We call it the architecture of fashion! e creative who looks to explore how it all works and is not afraid of technical drawing and some mathematics will enjoy this process. For those coming from a freehand background, this course proves to answer a lot of questions you have had for years! It also teaches you how standard sizes are created
Basic sewing skills are required. Math skills and an eye for detail plus a keen interest in this method of cutting is important.
- . How to use and make your own standard block for target market and customized slopers for bespoke garment making
- How to convert blocks to patterns
- Dart manipulation and adaptation of various styles
- Various sleeve adaptations
- A project consisting of 4 finished outfits.