Description Our bridal course at TFA is created for those interested in focusing on the techniques used to create bridalwear. If you are interested in taking your skills to an advanced level, and bridalwear or red carpet dresses are your main area of interest as a designer, fashion student or employee, then this course is for you. Do you want your dresses to look like those bought from high end designer brands Internationally? This course raises the quality and confidence of your work. With your creativity and keen eye for detail you will learn how to achieve outstanding work.
This course is an advanced course that requires Pattern making skills, strong sewing skills and professional sewing techniques. The use of an industrial straight sewing machine is also required. You will need to bring your design options with flat drawings on day 1.
- How to create a strapless bustier using boning, a hidden bra and proper interlining and support methods.
- To cut fishtails, circles and a variety of options for fullness in skirts.
- To use lace and appliqué for surface decoration.
- Ruching and pleating technique
- Making flowers and petals
- Veil concepts
- Complete step by step process to assemble a full bridal outfit
- By the end of this course you will be confident in producing a beautifully well finished bridal dress with any intricate details of design on the outside and neatly finished on the inside.
Required tools will be available for use or purchase at TFA.
Fabric and appliqués and beading will be purchased by you based on your individual budget. Aer this course you will be ready to work or start a business in bridalwear and occasionwear. While being equipped with the know how to instruct staff or do it yourself.